Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dream Quote/Adage Essay

Danica Arma
1-19-11
English I
Mr. Williams

“Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you.”

To me this quote means that the person inside you, the person who you really are on the inside, is trying to give you signals or pictures of yourself on the inside. What you’re thinking on the inside. What you want in the inside, where your soul is. The dreams are the pathway for your soul to talk to you, to connect to you. When the quote says “... from the book your soul is writing about yo,” it means that that book is who you are or who you want to be on the inside.
Everybody in the world dreams. The bad people dream. The good people dream. Politicians dream. The President dreams. That’s how we got here today didn’t we? If Martin Luther King Jr. didn’t have the dream that all men and women will be equal to one another? He followed that dream. He followed what was right for him and his soul. His dreams led us to what we have today. If President Obama never had a dream to become a president, he wouldn’t be in office today would he? President Obama’s soul was writing his book about him. He was going to be smart, a good person, a kind soul. He is what he is today because of his dreams.
This quote remindded me of Cinderella. I absolutely adored her. She’s one of my favorite Disney characters right under Mulan. I’ve seen the movie maybe a 100 times, I’ve seen her in Barbie doll form 1,000 times, and I’ve been moved by her by about a million times. She came from a widowed dad, a wicked step mom, 2 horrible step sisters, and her only friends are little animals. How could she go on like this? She does somehow. She had a dream too. She dreamed of going outside and dancing. She dreamed of traveling and chatting with her dad. She dreamed and longed to get away from the step mom and two step sisters. In the end, she gets it all. Cinderella even said, “A dream is a wish your heart makes.” It took all her heart to get to her happy ending. Without her dreams, where would she be now?
I don’t get dreams often. When I do, it’s always something random and unexpected. Sometimes, I know exactly what they mean. Sometimes, it’s like trying to read hieroglyphics. If I wouldn’t have dreamed though, I wouldn’t be in the Medical Arts Program. I woudn’t have such a great family. I wouldn’t have such great friends. I wouldn’t have such a great life. Almost everyone I have know has said, “Push beyond your limits. Go up above and beyond what you’re supposed to do. Reach for the skies, the moon, whichever is higher.” Where would I be without these dreams? I think I would have been a loser. No motivation, hates people, and hates his life. I feel pity for that person. They should always just dream. It’s right there inside of them, they just don’t know it yet.

The perfect song to this essay     ( ***Don’t worry! It’s not bad or anything!*** )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSn8V_m9HvI&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment